Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WolframAlpha.com


All I can say about this website is WOW!  WolframAlpha makes obtaining information really quick and easy. The fact that it is able to calculate information is great for scientific projects. I would definitely use this website in my class. The only downfall is that you aren't able to ask certain questions.  For example, I asked for winners of the 1993 Grammy Awards. It couldn't give me that answer. It narrowed it down to just 1993. But perhaps this is not the kind of question a class would really need to know. Demographics and calculations is more of what you'll find on WolframAlpha. It sure beats searching for specific information on Google. Out of 5 books, I'd definitely give this site 4 books! It's super useful!

1 comment:

  1. One thing I like about it is that it's a work in progress. That's actually a plus in today's informational age. Constantly changing and evolving. Perfect search engine for STEM projects but I'm curious about their filters.

    ReplyDelete