Wednesday, April 25, 2012

PressDisplay.com

Keeping my students on top of current events would be a goal for me in my social studies class. PressDisplay would be a good way to allow my students to view newspapers from the United States, as well as different parts of the world. Choosing a specific news article to supplement a lesson would be easy. There are many ways to choose a newspaper. You can choose by alphabetical, country, or language. Of course, I probably would stick to English. The articles are rated by its readers and updated every ten minutes. So finding the most viewed article, which probably would be the most interesting in facts, would be simple. The website categorizes major topics such as business, sports, entertainment, and news. Instead of subscribing to certain newspapers, this website allows you to view the actual newspaper for free. You can choose certain newspapers that interest you, put it on 'My Newspapers' for easy reference. Viewing is simple, you can view the newspaper as a double page, or single page. It has a magnifier if you need to enlarge the text you are reading. The website has thousands of news papers to browse from. I would definitely use this website in my class. PressDisplay.com gets 4 books out of 5 :)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I see what you mean but it reminded me of this TED Talk: http://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser_beware_online_filter_bubbles.html

    ReplyDelete