Wednesday, April 25, 2012



Google Earth



I want to teach social studies to high school students. Google Earth would make it very interesting for me to teach my class. I would be able to take my class on a virtual field trip to anywhere in the world. Google Earth provides the opportunity to have students view places around the world in 3D, and not just two dimensional pictures. It does not limit you to Earth, you are able to navigate through the sky, the moon, and Mars. You can visit the oceans too! You can view buildings in 3D, and go back in time through the Historical Imagery. Using Google Earth in my class is definitely something I would love to do. I think this would get my students engaged in social studies, as well as using technology in my class. I've attached a YouTube video on a tour of the Titanic on Google Earth. It's pretty amazing! Google Earth gets a big 5 books!



No comments:

Post a Comment